Installing a British Customs Thruxton and Bonneville Predator Pro
Related Weekend Project Upgrades
Step 1:Begin with the left side. Loosen exhaust clamp with 6mm Allen wrench.
- Use a 12mm wrench to remove passenger footpeg nut.
Step 3:Remove passenger footpeg.
- Remove left stock muffler.
Step 5:Note the direction that the exhaust clamp holding the muffler onto the mid-pipe is mounted, because the exhaust clamp will have to be mounted onto the Predator Pro mufflers in the same direction. Remove stock exhaust clamp and place on Predator Pro exhaust inlet facing the same way as they were on the stock mufflers. Reuse the stock nut.
- Remove rubber kickstand bumper from stock bracket.
Step 7:Locate the plastic bag containing the supplied mounting hardware. This bag contains two sets of muffler spacers and a kickstand bumper bracket. Mount the stock rubber kickstand bumper to the supplied kickstand bumper bracket by popping the bumper into the supplied bracket.
- Install Predator Pro kickstand bumper bracket with a 17mm wrench and 8mm Allen wrench so that the bumper faces away from the motorcycle frame.
Step 9:Locate the zip-tied hardware bundles in the supplied plastic bag that contained the rubber kickstand bumper. Mount supplied rubber grommet to Predator Pro muffler mounting bracket. The metal spacer with a collar inserts into the side of the rubber grommet facing the frame. The other metal spacer without a collar will be used on the side of the rubber grommet facing away from the frame.
- Make sure the exhaust clamp is still on the left muffler and insert the muffler into header pipe. The back side of the passenger foot peg bracket is recessed. Place the other metal spacer into the recessed space on the back side of the passenger foot peg bracket.
Step 11:Slide passenger foot peg back into place and reinstall it with a 12mm wrench.
- Use a 6mm Allen wrench to make exhaust clamp snug. Adjust all clearances before tightening clamp. Make sure the bolt faces inward to keep the appearance clean.
Step 13:Congratulations! You have successfully installed your left-side muffler!
- Repeat steps 1-13 on the right side (except for those involving the kickstand bracket) to remove right-side stock muffler and install right-side BC Predator Pro muffler.
Installation Complete!Congratulations! You have successfully installed your British Customs Predator Pro mufflers!
- For a digital version of this instruction guide with zooming images, please visit the British Customs Resource Center at http://www.british-customs.com/resource-center