Swipe to the right
Installing a british customs Street Twin Front Turn Signal Kit
Related weekend project upgrades
Step 1:To begin removing the front of the headlight bucket, remove the screws from both lower sides of the headlight with a 5mm Allen wrench.
- Pull the front of the headlight bucket off. Note the plastic mounting tabs along the inner edge where the headlight bucket mounts.
Step 3:Unplug the headlight by disconnecting both wiring harnesses.
- Remove headlight.
Step 5:Use a T20 to remove the wire holder assembly.
- Disconnect the turn signals.
Step 7:Use a 5mm Allen wrench to remove stock turn signal from mounting bracket. Note that the nut securing the turn signal to the bracket will fall out of the slot on the underside of the bracket after you remove the screw. Do not lose this nut because you will need it to install your new turn signals.
- Remove stock turn signal.
Step 9:Route BC turn signal wires through front hole in mounting bracket.
- Place the nut back into the slot in the mounting bracket and use a 4mm Allen wrench to secure the BC turn signal to the mounting bracket.
Step 11:Use a #2 Phillips head screwdriver to tighten screw on underside of BC turn signal bracket.
- Tuck wires under fork turn signal clamp.
Step 13:Tighten back of turn signal fork clamp with 5mm Allen wrench.
- Route wires into headlight and connect the black wire with a white stripe to the black wire, and the black wire with a red sheathe to the green wire. Put the key in the ignition, turn the key to ON, and then check to make sure the turn signal works. Check wiring if the turn signal does not work while the bike’s electrical power is on.
Step 15:Repeat steps 7 through 14 on the other side to install the other turn signal.
- Tuck wires neatly behind headlight wire holder assembly and secure the assembly with a T20 wrench.
Step 17:Reconnect the headlight to both harnesses.
- Mount front of headlight bucket and secure it with a 5mm Allen wrench on both sides.
Installation Complete!Congratulations! You have successfully installed your British Customs Front Turn Signals!