Installing a british customs Rectifier Relocation Bracket
Related weekend project upgrades
Step 1:Remove the two screws located on the headlight bucket using a Hhillips head screwdriver. Once removed, separate the headlight from the headlight bucket.
- Disconnect the rectifier connection located inside the headlight bucket.
Step 3:Remove the two rectifier mounting bolts using a 10mm wrench.
*Be sure to support the rectifier while removing the bolts .
- Replace the stock mounting bolts with the supplied M6 screws and washers using a 4mm Allen wrench.
Step 5:Remove the horn located on the frame using a 12mm socket.
*The front reflectors must be removed to access the horn.
- Once the horn is removed, disconnect the two connectors located on the backside of the horn.
Step 7:With the supplied M8 nut and washer, install the horn to the rectifier relocation bracket using a 13mm wrench. Loosen the nut of the back of the horn using a 7/16” wrench and rotate it 90 degrees upward to allow for access to the connectors. Tighten the nut.
- Mount the rectifier to the mounting bolts on the relocation bracket. Tighten the rectifier to the bracket with the supplied M6 washers and nuts.
Step 9:Install the British Customs Rectifier Relocation Bracket to the previous location of the horn using the OEM mounting bolt. Tighten down using a 12mm wrench for a snug fit.
- To reconnect the rectifier, the rectifier harness located in the headlight bucket must be removed out of the bucket to allow for a proper connection. This can be achieved by running the rectifier wire between the fork tubes to reach the OEM connector.
Step 11:After re-routing the rectifier harness, use the supplied zip tie to attach the harness to the main electrical harness located between the fork tubes. Wrap the connection with black electrical tape for protection.
Installation Complete!Repeat steps 1-3 for both sides and make sure the product fits flush as shown in the picture.
Congratulations! You have just completed the installation of your new British Customs Rectifier Relocation Bracket.