Installing a British Customs Modern Classic Rear Signal
Other Items We Think You May Like
Step 1:Take all of your products out of the packages and lay them out on a workbench.
- Take the nuts and lock washers off of the blinkers.
Step 3:Slide the blinker assembly through the small hole in the new mounting bracket.
- Slide the lock washer and nut back onto the blinker.
Step 5:Thread it onto the exposed shaft.
- Tighten with a 17mm wrench.
Step 7:Plug the turn signals into the harness adapters.(-) Black w/White Stripe Signal = Black Adapter(+) Black Signal = Red Adapter
- Repeat the process for the other signal.
Step 9:You will need to support the rear end of the bike with a jack in order to take the weight off of the rear suspension.
- Note: Only do one side at a time.Remove the right side top shock bolt with a 12mm socket or wrench and slide the shock off of the mount.
Step 11:Install the right signal that you just assembled.
- Slide the shock back onto the mount.
Step 13:Put blue Loctite on the shock bolt.
- Thread it back into the mounting hole.
Step 15:Tighten the bolt with a 12mm socket or wrench to 28nm.
- Repeat the process on the other side.
Step 17:Remove the two seat screws using a 5mm Allen wrench.
- Remove the seat.
Step 19:Feed the new turn signal wires into the battery box area.
- Locate the main wire harness where the turn signals connect.
Step 21:Connect the Harness Adapter wires to the Plug & Play Harness.
LEFT SIDE:(-) Black Adapter = Black in Red sheath of Plug & Play Harness(+) Red Adapter = White in Red sheath of Plug & Play Harness
- RIGHT SIDE:
(-) Black Adapter = Black in Green sheath of Plug & Play Harness(+) Red Adapter = White in Green sheath of Plug & Play Harness
Step 23:Connect the Plug & Play Harness to the OEM Harness.
- Tuck all your wires away, reinstall seat and tighten the 5mm seat screws.
Installation Complete!Congratulations! You have successfully completed the installation of your new British Custom Modern Classic Turn Signals, Relocation Brackets, and Wiring Harness Adapters.