Installing a british customs Low Profile Headlight Ears
Related weekend project upgrades
Rectifier Relocation Kit
Front Turn Signal Relocation Kit
Retro Turn Signals
Ignition Relocation Kit
Step 1:Tip: Protect you tank with pad or towels.
Loosen the top triple clamp pinch bolt located on each side of the top clamp using an 8mm Allen wrench.
- Remove the top triple clamp nut and washer using a 30mm socket.
Tip: Be careful to not scratch the triple clamp with the socket.
Step 3:Remove the upper triple clamp assembly with all the attached components from the front forks.
Place a towel or protection pad on top of the headlight bucket and gently place the triple clamp assembly on top and secure for minimal movement.
- Remove the left side headlight bucket mounting bolt using a 12mm socket or open end wrench.
Step 5:Remove the ignition assembly located on the left side OEM headlight bracket using a 4mm Allen wrench.
Please note: The British Customs Headlight Ears require relocating the ignition location for proper installation. Part # BC208-001
- Remove the left side headlight hanger assembly by sliding the part upward. Be sure to remove both the top and bottom rubber gaskets.
Step 7:Slide on the new British Customs Headlight Ears (pre-assembled loosely) onto the fork with the clamp screws facing outward. Adjust the ears to the desired height of the headlight bucket and tighten down the clamp screws using a 4mm Allen wrench. Make sure to not over-torque these screws. Install the OEM headlight bucket bolt to the headlight ear using a 12mm socket or wrench.
- Repeat steps 4, 6, & 7 on the right side for the installation of the headlight ear. Measure each side to ensure your proper height and adjustment. Adjust the headlight beam for correct alignment and torque to 10Nm using the OEM bolts.
Step 9:Re-install the top triple clamp assembly. Torque steering stem top nut.
- Bonneville: 65Nm
- Thruxton: 90Nm
- Scrambler: 65Nm
- Torque left and right triple clamp pinch bolts to 27Nm.
Installation Complete!Congratulations! You have successfully completed the installation of your new British Customs Low Porilfe Headlight Ears.