Swipe to the right
How to Remove Street Twin Triple Clamp
Tools required: 5mm Allen wrench,T20 wrench,T40 wrench,Clipper,6mm Allen wrench,38mm wrench
Step 1:First, remove handlebars and handlebar risers. If you’re unsure about how to do that, refer to our guides on our site’s Resource Center.
- Use a 5mm Allen wrench to remove bolts from each side of the bottom of the headlight bucket.
Step 3:Lift front of headlight out, and note where the tab hooks connect.
- Use a T20 to remove screws inside of headlight bucket to unplug the ignition. Disconnect the ignition from the harness.
Step 5:Pull ignition wires out the back of the headlight bucket.
- Use a T40 wrench to unscrew the headlight bucket from the headlight ears.
Step 7:Clip the cable tie holding the wires to the ignition switch.
- Use a 6mm Allen wrench to loosen bolts holding triple clamp to forks.
Step 9:Use a 38mm socket wrench to remove triple tree nut.
Pro TipCover your triple tree nut with painter’s tape to protect it from getting scratched during removal.
- Use a mallet to remove the triple tree clamp.
Removal Complete!You have successfully removed your triple tree clamp!