Swipe to the right
How to Remove Stock Headers from Bonneville and Thruxton
Tools Required: 6mm Allen Wrench,8mm Allen Wrench,12mm Socket Wrench,17mm Socket Wrench
Step 1:You must first remove the mufflers before removing the headers. If you are unfamiliar with how to do this, please refer to the article on our Resource Center on how to remove mufflers from a Bonneville and Thruxton.
- Before fully removing the headers, loosen the mounting brackets on both sides beneath the rider footpegs with an 8mm Allen wrench.
Step 3:Use a 6mm Allen wrench to loosen the pipe interconnector bracket along the belly of the bike.
- To disconnect the O2 sensors, begin by removing the horn. Use an 8mm Allen wrench to remove the screw on the bottom of the horn.
Step 5:Use a 12mm socket wrench to remove the screw on top of the horn. Disconnect and remove horn.
- Use an 8mm wrench to remove the upper radiator bracket screw.
Step 7:Disconnect the O2 sensors.NOTE: If you are installing electronic O2 sensor block-offs, like the Dynojet O2 eliminators, now is the best time to install them. Be sure to secure them with zip ties so that they do not contact any hot components.
- Route the O2 sensor wires so that they are free.
Step 9:If you plan to reuse your O2 sensors, loosen them while the headers are still installed.
- Use a 12mm socket wrench to remove header nuts.
Step 11:Use an 8mm Allen wrench to remove bolt underneath footpeg and shifter.
- Rock the header back and forth to loosen it, then remove.
Step 13:Repeat steps 10-12 on the other side to remove the other header.
- If you plan to reuse your O2 sensors, remove them from the stock headers.
Installation Complete!Congratulations! You have now successfully removed your stock headers!