Installing a british customs Cafe Racer Seat with Fender Eliminator Kit
Related weekend project upgrades
Motogadget Mini Triple Clamp
Turn Signal Relocation Brackets
Quick Release Seat Screws
Step 1:Remove the stock seat screws.
Remove the seat.
Step 3:Unplug the rear tail light harness.
Unscrew the T-30 Torx screws holding the rear fender.
Step 5:Remove the rear fender.
Slide the wires from the back of the Lucas tail light assembly through the hole in the mounting bracket of you new Café Seat.
Step 7:Feed the mounting studs into the holes in the bracket.
- Put the flat washer onto the studs.
Step 9:Put the lock washer onto the studs.
- Thread the nuts onto the studs and tighten with an 8mm socket or wrench.
Step 11:Flip the stock seat over to expose the bottom of the stock seat.
- Locate the mounting tabs at the rear of the stock seat.
Step 13:Use a 10mm socket to remove the bolts holding the tabs to the seat.
- Remove the brackets.
Step 15:Install the mounting brackets onto the new seat.
- Tighten down the screws on the tabs using a 10mm socket.
Step 17:Locate the underplate, hold it into place on the bike.
- Slide the two shorter screws with the smaller flat washers through the mounting holes. Then thread the larger flat washer and locknut onto the underside of the plate.
Step 19:Slide the two larger screws with the smaller flat washers through the mounting holes. Then thread the larger flat washer and locknut onto the underside of the plate.
- Using a 4mm Allen and a 10mm socket, tighten the mounting hardware of the fender eliminator plate.
Step 21: *** This step is only for Fender Eliminator Kit option. ***Locate the Fender Eliminator Kit, slide a small flat washer onto ends of the longer screws you installed during the fender eliminator plate installation.
- While holding the two flat washers with one hand, use your other hand to slide the license plate mounting bracket onto the mounting screws.
Step 23:Slide the large flat washers onto the screws.
- Thread the locknuts onto the screws.
Step 25:Tighten the assembly with a 10mm Socket and a 4mm Allen.
- Plug the new harness into the stock connection. Make sure to route the wires so they are not crushed by the seat.
Step 27:Slide the seat into position.
- Install the seat screws and tighten with 5mm Allen wrench.
Installation Complete!Congratulations! You have completed the installation of your new British Customs Café Seat, Underplate, and Fender Eliminator Kit.