Installing a british customs Front Signal Relocation Bracket
Related Weekend Project Upgrades
Step 1:Use Phillips head to disconnect battery, Protect front fender with cloth or towel and remove the two 8mm rectifier bolts
- Remove the two Phillips screws on the headlight bezel and open the headlight bucket
Step 3:Use flat head screwdriver to pop out the plastic cable retainer that is holding down the front signal wires on the OEM bracket.
- Lift up gently on the two clips to disconnect the right turn signal from the headlight harness.(-) Harness Black/White Dot = Turn Signal Black(+) Harness Green/White = Turn Signal White
Step 5:Lift up gently on the two clips to disconnect left turn signal from the headlight harness.(-) Harness Black = Turn Signal Black (+) Harness Green/Brown = Turn Signal White
- Feed the black & white turn signal wires out of the back of the headlight bucket to free the OEM front turn signal assembly .
Step 7:Fasten your new signal bracket with screws and washers from the table below.4mm Allen (M6x30) screws when attaching:
Signal Relocation Bracket, Rectifier, and Cowl Bracket (Thruxton).
- 4mm Allen (M6x20) screws when attaching:
Signal Relocation Bracket and Rectifier; Signal Relocation Bracket and Cowl (Thruxton); or Signal Relocation Bracket by itself.
Step 8:Remove nut and washer from the new right signal and feed wires through bracket. Then feed wires through washer and nut and into the backside of the headlight bucket
- Tighten right signal to bracket with a 17mm wrench.
Step 10:Connect right turn signal to right harness adapter.(-) Signal BLACK/WHITE = Harness Adapter BLACK (+) Signal BLACK = Harness Adapter RED
- Connect right harness adapter to the right OEM wiring harness.(-) Harness Adapter BLACK = OEM Wiring Harness BLACK/WHITE DOT(+) Harness Adapter RED = OEM Wiring Harness GREEN/WHITE
Step 12:Now fasten left signal by feeding wires through bracket, washer, nut and into the backside of the headlight bucket.
Tighten left signal to relocation bracket with a 17mm wrench.
- Connect left signal to left harness adapter.(-) Turn Signal BLACK/WHITE = Harness Adapter BLACK(+) Turn Signal BLACK = Harness Adapter RED
Step 14:Connect left harness adapter to left OEM wiring harness.(-) Harness Adapter BLACK = OEM Wiring Harness BLACK (+) Harness Adapter RED = OEM Wiring Harness GREEN/BROWN
- Tuck excess turn signal wires under flexible clamp in bucket and press firmly to bend clamp into position to hold wires.
Step 16:Replace the two Phillips screws to hold the headlight bezel assembly in place and tighten.
- Reconnect battery, Positive (+) side first and test your work.
Installation Complete!Congratulations! You have successfully completed the installation of your new Front Turn Signal Relocation Bracket by British Customs.