Swipe to the right
Installing a british customs Drag Pipes Exhaust System
Related weekend project upgrades
Step 1:Remove mufflers. If you are unsure how to do this, please refer to the installation guide on our Resource Center.
- Remove headers and disconnect O2 sensors if your bike has electronic fuel injection. If you are unsure how to do this, please refer to the installation guide on our Resource Center.NOTE FOR EFI BIKES: The Slash Cut TT Exhaust does not have O2 sensor bungs. To avoid the check engine light coming on or damaging the engine, you must either install an O2 sensor eliminator or have a tuner disable the O2 sensor in the ECU settings. We recommend installing a BC Air Box Removal Kit, BC Air Injection Removal Kit, and a Dynojet Power Commander V to get the best results.
Step 3:Apply a small amount of grease to your new header crush gaskets and place them over the exhaust ports where your old gaskets were. The grease will help keep the gaskets in place while you mount the headers, and will burn off once you start the motorcycle.
- Mount left header to exhaust port. Finger tighten the exhaust port nuts.
Step 5:Secure the left exhaust pipe to the lower exhaust bracket underneath the left rider footpeg with an 8mm Allen wrench.
- Make sure the interconnector clamp is on the interconnector pipe on the right header.
Step 7:Mount right header to exhaust port and finger tighten the exhaust port nuts. Connect the interconnector pipes coming from both the right and left headers by sliding the left interconnector pipe into the right interconnector pipe.
- Tighten the interconnector pipe clamp with an 8mm Allen wrench.
Step 9:Secure the right exhaust pipe to the lower exhaust bracket underneath the right rider footpeg with an 8mm Allen wrench.
- Tighten all four header nuts with a 12mm socket wrench to secure headers to exhaust ports.
Step 11:Reconnect and reinstall horn and upper radiator bracket.
Installation Complete!You have successfully installed your Drag Pipes Exhaust System!