Swipe to the right
Installing a British Customs Cateye Fender Eliminator Kit
Related Weekend Project Upgrades
Step 1:Start by removing the seat with a 5mm Allen wrench.
- Disconnect the positive terminal on the battery with a Phillips head screwdriver. Disconnect the negative terminal and remove battery.
Step 3:Disconnect the taillight and turn signal harness by releasing the retaining tab. Make sure to remember what wires are for what turn signals.
- Using a T30 Torx wrench, remove the rear fender by unscrewing the four mounting bolts.
Step 5:Install the British Customs Underplate with the supplied hardware using a 4mm Allen and 10mm socket wrench.
- Run the new taillight harness along the Underplate and mount it in position with the grommet.
Step 7:Loosely install the license plate mount with the supplied hardware. Make sure to place a washer between the Underplate and the license plate mount.
- Place the seat on the bike briefly to determine taillight placement.
Step 9:Tighten the license plate mount nuts with a 4mm Allen and 10mm socket wrench.
- Connect the taillight harness.
Step 11:Reinstall the battery. Reconnect the positive battery terminal with a Phillips head screwdriver. Reconnect the negative terminal. Remember to reset clock on dash.
- Check for proper taillight functionality.
Step 13:Install seat and tighten seat screws with a 5mm Allen wrench.
- Attach your license plate to the bracket with the remaining supplied hardware.
Installation Complete!Congratulations! You have completed the installation of your new British Customs Cateye Fender Eliminator Kit.